This Summer, let us take you to the next level.
Whether in person or virtually via Lagond Connect, we will give you everything you need to prepare for the music college and conservatory application, audition, and interview process. We will also help with the planning and execution of pre-screening demos required for admissions, scholarship applications, and competitions. Limited seats are available to preserve a highly-individualized experience working side by side with professional musicians and college faculty.
A Proven Track Record Since 2002
Lagond’s proven curriculum and customizable approach regularly gains students acceptance to prestigious music colleges and Ivy League schools, including Berklee, USC, MSM, and Harvard. Our 20 years of experience has positioned many of our students to win national and international competitions, and they routinely receive acceptance to their top-choice schools. Our seniors accrue some astonishing merit scholarship numbers extending all the way to full tuition, including room & board:
- Class of ’22: 18 Seniors, $2.3 million in scholarship offers
- Class of ’21: 16 Seniors, $2.9 million in scholarship offers
- Class of ’20: 15 Seniors, $2.0 million in scholarship offers
- Class of ’19: 10 Seniors, $1.2 million in scholarship offers
College Application Intensive
In-person: July 17-21 or August 21-25
Monday-Friday | 10am – 4pm | Elmsford, NY location
Virtually through Lagond Connect: July 24-29 | July 31-August 4 | August 7-11 | August 14-18
Curriculum covered and deliverables:
• Common App introduction and navigation
• Completed personal statement essay required for the Common App
• Completed academic and music resume
• Written drafts of short essay supplemental questions for your selected colleges
• Video statement drafts for select music programs where required
• One-on-one review of application materials
Skills learned are applicable to any college program and can be tailored to your specific list of schools.
Music College Prep
In-person: July 24 – August 18
Monday-Friday | 10am – 5pm | Elmsford, NY location
Virtually through Lagond Connect
Time and dates: TBD
This program is specifically tailored to produce results aligned with the student’s chosen major and school requirements. Each student is assigned a mentor who will guide them through musicianship classes, skills-building on their instrument, and small combos consisting of professional musicians for performance, songwriting, or composition majors. Additional private lab work for those looking to major in music production, technology, or industry.
SAMPLE CURRICULUM COVERED:
- 60-minute private lessons to include sight reading
- 90-minute group musicianship classes (theory, keyboarding, ear-training)
- Two-hour Pro-Coaching ensemble playing with top-tier professional musicians
- Two-hour Production or Songwriting Workshops as applicable to major
- Weekly mock auditions and interviews
- Music College Counseling to include:
- Personalized recommendation of six to eight best fit schools tailored to the student’s musical experience and the requirements to audition.
- Prescreening demo prep
- Zoom meetings with college department chairs and admissions personnel as scheduling allows
- Additional Music College Counseling services available for a separate fee
Music College Prescreening Demos
Most college music programs require applicants to submit a prescreening video demo.
Our staff has decades of experience with all aspects of putting prescreening demos
together. You will walk out with professional quality videos, and the peace of mind that
you have met all the requirements for your submissions.
- Fully equipped video and audio recording facility with pristine studios
- Musical Director to efficiently identify and compile requirements for each entry, prepare repertoire, hire backing band, produce backing tracks, schedule rehearsals
- On-staff recording engineers and production specialists ready to assist in your recording and post-production
- Demo dates available August 21-31 and weekends September-November
- Sessions run between two to four hours
WHO IS THIS FOR? WHAT MAJORS ARE COVERED?
Available to eager juniors, rising high school seniors, and incoming college freshmen who are entering, applying to, or considering a music major, double major with academics, or music minor.
Our programs are designed for serious music students, with limited enrollment per session depending on the program. This small class structure allows us to tailor to individual student needs.
MAJORS COVERED IN MUSIC COLLEGE PREP:
- Performance – Contemporary, Jazz, or Popular
- Composition – Jazz, Classical, Film Scoring, New Media
- Songwriting / Popular Music
- Recording & Production / Music Technology
- Music Education
- Musical Theater
WHAT DOES IT COST?
Fees and Deposit:
- Application / audition fee waived for current Lagond students
- $50 nonrefundable application / audition fee* if completed by April 1
- $100 nonrefundable application / audition fee* if completed after April 1
- Upon acceptance, a nonrefundable $300 deposit will be due by April 15
- Tuition due in full by May 15
*$50 application / audition fee is rolled into tuition if student is accepted
• College Application Intensive: $2,500 (one week)
• Music College Prep Program: $9,000.00 (four weeks)
• Prescreening Demos: Range from $750 – $2,000
Special bundle pricing available for College Application Intensive, College Prep and Music College Counseling Packages.
In rare circumstances, a student may require additional or specialized classes based on their intended major or goals; any extra costs will be detailed prior to enrollment.
Need-based scholarship is available for qualified applicants.
• 45-31 days: 50% refund
• 30-22 days: 25% refund
• 21 days or less: no refund will be given.
Exceptions may be available for documented emergencies at the directors’ discretion.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
Eligibility for and placement within all summer programs will be determined by an audition and interview with our directors. This can be done virtually or in-person.
- Fill out the contact form
- We will reach out to you to schedule an audition and entry interview
- Audition requirements:
- Performance majors: prepare two pieces showcasing a diversity of styles, not to exceed six minutes total.
- Songwriting & Composition majors: prepare one original song and one cover song, not to exceed six minutes total.
- Recording & Production / Music Technology majors: submit two pieces you have recorded, produced, and/or composed, not to exceed eight minutes total. (Google Drive or YouTube links)
- If you play an instrument or sing, please also prepare one piece to play live
- Skills assessment for placement only (theory, ear training, sight reading, improvisation)
DATES AND DEADLINES
Programs can be customized upon request
One-Week College Application Intensive: July 17-21 and August 21-25
Music College Prep Program: July 24-August 18
Pre-Screening Demo Recordings: August 21-31
Virtual Sessions via Lagond Connect: available upon request
Music College Counseling Services: Rolling Admission
Deadline to apply: April 1
Late deadline to apply: May 1 with late fees
Acceptance decision: No later than May 15